The Peekskill Art Lofts is a limited equity cooperative of 28 live/work lofts built in 2002 as affordable live/work spaces for artists in downtown Peekskill, NY.
• Open floor plan
• Heavy load capacity floors: 125 lbs. per sq. ft.
• 9 1/2 – 16+ foot ceilings
• Cross ventilation
• North & south exposures
• Parquet flooring throughout
• 1 or 2 Bedrooms, 1–1/2 baths
• Utility room with slop sink
• Some units with Hudson Highland views
• First floor on-grade wheelchair accessible units
• Reserved, off street parking
• 200-Amp electrical service
• Central air conditioning
• Fully insulated
• Gas heat
• Programmable thermostat
• Cable ready + high speed DSL wiring
• Refrigerator (auto-defrost)
• Gas oven/stove with ventilation hood
• Washer/dryer hookup
• Convenient to amenities of revitalized Hudson River town that actively supports the arts
• Ten minute walk to MetroNorth train station (free parking at station nights & weekends)
• 55-minute express trains (along scenic Hudson River) to Grand Central Terminal
• Two blocks from Paramount Center for the Arts (indy/foreign film series, concerts, shows)
• Half mile to Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art; 25 minutes to DIA Beacon
• Convenient to thriving coffee houses, antique stores, galleries, shopping centers
• Ten minutes to Blue Mountain Preserve, Harriman State Park, Bear Mountain, Appalachian Trail, and other outdoor recreation and sports areas
• Corporation share purchase price:
Approx. $16K+ for a one bedroom
Approx. $25k+ for a two bedroom unit
• Shareholder’s proprietary lease payment:
Approximately $1,195 - $1,680/month
• Income Eligibility:
Earn a minimum of approx. $3,600 income per month (to cover three times the monthly maintenance of approx. $1200).
Earn no more than 95% of Westchester County median income which translates to $70,822 for a one-person household, $80,940 for a two-person household.
• Click here to view the 2012H.U.D. Median Income Limits to become a PAL shareholder
Schedule of Original Purchase Prices, Disclaimers, and Financial Notes (Dated 2002):
2002 Original Purchase Information
Sounds great, how do I qualify?
• At least 20% of Artist’s Income must be derived from artistic endeavors as defined by the City of Peekskill
• Unit must be used as one’s primary residence
• Artists must meet with Peekskill Art Loft Board of Directors
• Artists must submit work samples and credentials to Peekskill Arts Council for certification
What sort of Community of Artists?
Current residents include: painters, printmaker, architect, photographers, decorative artists, graphic designers, jewelry maker, ceramicist, art restorer, musicians/composers, fiber artist, video artist/producer, writer/poet, choreographer, website design/developer.
Join the Peekskill Art Lofts Group on Linked In
Check us out on Facebook:
Perfect, what's next?
Send us an email with any questions or comments you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to our property manager Hudson North Management, 1053 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY 10502 914-674-2100.