The Peekskill Art Lofts is a limited equity cooperative of 28 live/work lofts built in 2002 as affordable live/work spaces for artists in downtown Peekskill, NY.
Available Lofts may be viewed before filling out an application to purchase a loft.
• Open floor plan
• Heavy load capacity floors: 125 lbs. per sq. ft.
• 9 1/2 – 16+ foot ceilings
• North & south exposures
• Parquet flooring throughout
• 1 or 2 Bedrooms, 1–1/2 baths
• Some units with Hudson Highland views
• Reserved, off street parking
• 200-Amp electrical service
• Central air conditioning
• Gas heat
• Programmable thermostat
• Cable ready + high speed DSL wiring
• Refrigerator (auto-defrost), Gas oven/stove with ventilation hood, Microwave, Dishwasher
• Convenient to amenities of revitalized Hudson River town that actively supports the arts
• Ten minute walk to MetroNorth train station (free parking at station nights & weekends)
• 55-minute express trains (along scenic Hudson River) to Grand Central Terminal
• Two blocks from Paramount Center for the Arts (indy/foreign film series, concerts, shows)
• Half mile to Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art; 25 minutes to DIA Beacon
• Convenient to thriving coffee houses, antique stores, galleries, shopping centers
• Ten minutes to Blue Mountain Preserve, Harriman State Park, Bear Mountain, Appalachian Trail, and other outdoor recreation and sports areas
Sounds great, how do I qualify?
First, please make sure you meet the five requirements below:
1. You have Artist Certification from the City of Peekskill;
2. At least 20% of your income is derived from your art;
3. You earn a minimum of approx. $3,600/month for one-bedroom and $4,500/month for a two-bedroom;
4. You have a credit score of 675 or higher; and
5. You earn no more than 95% of Westchester County median income.
2014 income limits based on 95 percent AMI:
* 1-person Household: $68,970
* 2-person Household: $78,850
* 3-person Household: $88,635
Once you have been certified as an Artist by the City of Peekskill and meet all financial requirements above, you may fill out a Peekskill Art Loft application.”
Click here for Steps for Purchase
Click here for PAL Application
What sort of Community of Artists?
Current residents include: art teachers and administrators, painters, printmaker, architect, photographers, decorative artists, graphic designers, jewelry maker, ceramicist, art restorer, musicians/composers, fiber artist, video artist/producer, writer/poet, choreographer, website design/developer.
Join the Peekskill Art Lofts Group on Linked In
Perfect, what's next?
Send us an email with any questions or comments you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to our property manager Hudson North Management, 1053 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY 10502 914-674-2100.